Icon_surface-protection

Surface Protection

Prevents equipment corrosion, and surface stains and scale.

_0034_sunny_heat

Long-Lasting Sunlight Protection

Enriched with a chlorine stabilizer to extend the life of your clean.

_0055_algaecide

Stops Algae

Kills and prevents green, mustard and black pool algae

Video Play Icon

Maintain a Clean Pool

Your pool chemistry can change quickly. Test your pool water weekly to ensure your Free Chlorine level remains between 1 – 4 ppm.

Fill your feeder or floater with tablets and adjust output to bring chlorine to 1 – 4 ppm, test and refill as needed to maintain adequate sanitization. For skimmer application, add 2 tablets per 10,000 gallons to bring chlorine to 1 – 4 ppm, then add more tablets as needed to maintain adequate sanitization.

Maintain a regular cleaning regimen. Skim water surface, brush walls, vacuum and empty skimmer baskets at least once per week. Download the Clorox® Pool app on the Apple App Store or Google Play for expert water analysis and product and dosage recommendations.

This season, spend less time maintaining and more time enjoying your swimming pool!

Learn More

Do Not Buy

This product will cause your pool to not hold chlorine. It contains Copper and will throw your TDS solids off. This is thee worst product you can put in your pool

Ease of Use: Effectiveness:

Impossible to open lid.

I've tried for a half hour, and even with a screwdriver can't open the container.

Ease of Use: Effectiveness:

Works well to a point

Simple system using Clorox pool system. Worked well for two years and then the free chlorine dropped soon after adding chlorine, even though total chlorine was through the roof. Problem was chlorine lock caused by accumulating cyanuric acid levels that were over 200. In Southern California, there are restrictions on excess water use, and the solution is the empty the pool which can't be done. Chloride should also make tablets and shock without cyanuric acid.

Ease of Use: Effectiveness:

Chlorine level 0 in the highest setting

We bought the tablets in Costco. Used to have our setting on 3, and the chorine levels were a little too high, so we would always keep the setting at 2. Now, with these newly bought XtraBlue tablets the tests show levels between 0 and 1. We changed the setting to 6 (which is maximum setting on our equipment), wouldn't change the tests results. So bummed! Just bought a whole new box of it!

Ease of Use: Effectiveness:

Weights and measures

Purchased a FIVE (5) pound bucket of 1″ chlorine tablets from Lowes. The bucket felt light in weight from what I perceived was the FIVE pounds. When I returned home, I weighted the 1″ tablet bucket an accurate postal scale. The bucket weighed 3.01 pounds.gross including product. The actual plastic bucket empty weighs 6.08 ounces. The bucket was clearly marked on the label as NET CONTENTS 5 pounds. This is very deceptive to fill with less than 5 pounds net. I complained to the Lowes store customer service who verified the problem. The other buckets on the Lowes shelf were approximately 3 pounds as well.

Ease of Use: Effectiveness:

Never put Chlorine in a skimmer

As a former pool heater repair tech, I would like to point out the issue with Clorox showing a pool skimmer, and mentioning "skimmer sanitizing" by placing chlorine tabs directly into the skimmer. If you really want to destroy your brand new pool heater in literally two weeks, thereby voiding your warranty, this is how you do it! Chlorine EATS copper heat exchanges. You will see pin holes all over your heat exchanger, that quickly turns purple from the corrosive effects of Chlorine being dumped from your skimmer, straight to your heater. It will also destroy the seals on your pool pumps. Bottom line: NEVER add chlorine to your skimmer! Chlorine must be at the end of the plumbing chain, going last into your pool. That way, it gets diluted before reaching your skimmer. An inline chlorinator adds the chlorine into your pool, as your pump pushes it outward. You never want a pool pump yo suck chlorine. Always push it into the pool. Clorox is a great product, but they are not pool techs. I also can't begin to tell you how many times I have listened to a customer tell me that their local pool chemical store told them to put chlorine into their skimmer. These guys will destroy your pool heater, and blame you when your warranty is voided by the manufacturer.

Ease of Use: Effectiveness:

Horrible Packaging

I bought a 5 # pail of the Clorox Xtra Blue 3″ tablets on an end-of-season sale at Walmart. I will never buy them again. I don't know how well the tablets work, because I just bought them. However, I had to take a screwdriver to get the lid off. The push-the-corner and simultaneously lift the lid is almost impossible for someone over 65 with arthritis to do. Looks like I will be going back to the pool store to purchase its individually wrapped 3″ tablets. I took the Clorox tablets out of the bucket and put them in an old pool store pail.

Ease of Use: Effectiveness:

jim RI

outstanding product with great result have use for 3 years works outstanding

Ease of Use: Effectiveness:

The 6 in 1 tablets are the best.

I have used several different tablets and the only one to keep my pool clean, clear and maintenance free are the 6 in 1. You can no longer find them anywhere why? Other than that the best tablets so far.

Ease of Use: Effectiveness:

Long lasting

These tablets do a great job of keeping the pool maintained during the week in between cleanings and treatment we do on the weekends.

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 5

05/13/2020

Michelle

LAke city fl

Clean and chemistry balanced

Been using the tablets for my inground pool from time the product was introduced on to the market and I have found that they last longer than most of the other products I have used and the chemical balance of the pool is always stable. I have also use some of the other products like the PH increasers and the test kit and they also work very well. I have taken my poolwater to my local pool dealer to be tested and then used the Clorox test kit to test my pool water and the results were almost the same.

Ease of Use: Effectiveness:

Be Very Careful

Be careful when using this product. These tablets contain Cyanuric Acid, a chlorine stabilizer which is great to a certain point. Once you go over that point, it will over-stabilize your chlorine and render it ineffective. So you will add more and more to kill the algae but it won't work. Once your pool is over-stabilized, the only way to fix it is drain a bunch of water out and refill the pool, which can be expensive. IF you test with strips, you can get a false Cyanuric Acid reading and think you need more chlorine. The only way to test it correctly is to take your water sample to a pool store and let them test it. Clorox probably adds the Cyanuric Acid to get the tabs to last longer. You just have to be very careful that you don't get too much. I normally use the Clorox products and have had good luck.

Ease of Use: 4 Effectiveness: 3

07/17/2019

Joe S

Greer SC

Phila pool owner

I have had to care for a swimming pool my entire life. Nothing…Nothing on the market come close to this product. Don't new and improved it, don't add ANYTHING! It ain't broke so don't fix it. Clorox knows clean. From cloths bleach to my swimming pool. Thank you for this product.

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 5

07/09/2019

Denise

Philadelphia Mills

Great supplement in hot weather!

I have a 15′ oval above ground pool with the SimpleSalt system. Last summer, I found that the system simply couldn't keep up with the high temperatures and bright sunlight here in Coastal SC. After about a month of struggling with clarifiers and other products (which is why I chose the salt system to begin with – I wanted to do away with all those products!), someone suggested adding one of these tablets to my skimmer once every two weeks. Since then, I have had absolutely no problems with the cloudy water I experienced last year. A great product, and much cheaper than the other additives I was having to buy!

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 5

07/07/2019

Tykesmom2007

SC

XtraBlue is a Great Product!

Just giving credit where its deserved: your Florida Blue now XtraBlue tabs are EXCELLENT! I've used them in my pool for 2+ years now and it needs very little else…maybe an occasional shock in the rainy season. I used to need acid, stabilizer, clarifier, etc, but XtraBlue does it all (my pool water is always balanced and clear, and your tabs last a long time). Thank you for this product from a Very Happy Customer!

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 5

07/03/2019

Garvin

Sarasota, FL

Pool

In Summer of 2018 I use to clean my pool twice a week for green algae. This year I found this xtra blue tablets in Lowe's and decided to give it a try. Since I got them I don't have to clean my pool any more works amazing.

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 5

06/16/2019

Salvador

Texas

Simple the best

Simple the best, in the tropic this product works well ina comparison with other brands.

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 5

05/30/2019

Carlos Q

Puerto rico

Does not kill algea

I have been using this product for about 3-months with the hope of controlling yellow green algae. No luck! I suspect that this product is just chlorine and nothing extra for algae.

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 1

Great tablets, don't fall apart

Love these tablets. 1 of the 3″ tablets will last an entire week in my 11k gal fiberglass pool and they don't fall apart and become a mushy mess in my auto chlorinator. I tried the HTH tabs and they fell apart and became a mushy mess. Plus these have the activator in them to help maintain chlorine balance – the HTH did not. Each tablet came in its own sealed package that was easy to open without needing scissors.

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 5

09/25/2018

SnoopyGal

Tega Cay, SC

Excellent product!

This year (2018) was the first year we used this product from beginning to end of summer. We had a BRUTAL summer in the Mid-Atlantic region with excessive (and overwhelming) heat as well as periods of intense rain. Our pool was clear ALL SUMMER LONG! I attribute our water's appearance to this product. No need to change or check other brands when we have no issues with what we use. Awesome!

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 5

09/07/2018

PeteyK

New Jersey

Seriously think twice

DO NOT buy/use this product. The "OTHER INGREDIENTS………5.95%" will increase the Cyanuric Acid (CYA) without any control measures in place. There are only two ways to reduce CYA from your pool: 1) drain __% of your pool and refill with fresh water; 2) if someone in your city offers it, there are reverse osmosis trucks that can pull water from your pool, remove the CYA from that water and put it back in your pool. Neither of these options are cheap or fast. If you are unfamiliar with what high levels of CYA will do to your pool water, either google it or continue reading. Either way, RUN from this product because you will eventually regret the results that these "OTHER INGREDIENTS" have on your backyard oasis. CYA acts as a buffer for chlorine from the sun which, in balanced amounts is good. However, once it reaches numbers in the 90+, the chlorine is no longer effective at keeping your water clean so you can have chlorine over 5ppm and the water is still cloudy and green. Before I figured out the problem with my water chemistry, I had bumped the chlorine to 11.5ppm and it was still green because the CYA was around 100. One final note, it isn't like CYA is some rare unobtainable chemical. It is easily acquired at your local pool store where you can add it in very controlled amounts so it is a real shame that Clorox is hiding it within most of their chlorine products without telling their consumers.

Ease of Use: 3 Effectiveness: 1

07/23/2018

Learning the hard way

Austin

Tablets

Not crazy about it! I think Hth products are better.Since I started with these tablets I have had nothing but problems. Not string enough.

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 3

07/03/2018

Ann F

Howell NJ

Not so great

We have an above ground pool and have always bought the hth 6 in 1 tablets. But this year I saw the Clorox 6 in 1 and thought, great brand name, this will work even better. No, that is not the case. Even keeping my water balanced, I am fighting allege and decreasing chlorine numbers. It is supposed to have an algaecide and a stabilizer in the tablets. When using the hth 6 and 1 3″ tablets I never had an algae problem and the stabilizer in it works the way it should keeping my chlorine levels up. I was very disappointed in this product and will go back to the hth tablets next year.

Ease of Use: 4 Effectiveness: 2

08/19/2017

Bri75

Monroe Mi

chlorinating tabs

I only use the chlorine tabs of this brand with my liquid chlorine and muriatic acid from another brand. these tablets are the best out there. long lasting and my water is soft and clear. Other tabs dissolve too quickly .

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 5

08/18/2017

skgauba92

Miami,Fl

This product was amazing it took care of my problem in one treatment I had been using different Pool Products trying to get the full balance one product wouldn't work I tried another then I did one treatment one shot treat and just threw in one of your pre-filled chlorine floaters and my pool has been clean clear and silky smooth ever since

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 5

08/14/2017

KayeElliott

Texas

This product was amazing it took care of my problem in one treatment I had been using different Pool Products trying to get the full balance one product wouldn't work I tried another then I did one treatment one shot treat and just threw in one of your pre-filled chlorine floaters and my pool has been clean clear and silky smooth ever since

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 5

08/14/2017

KayeElliott

Texas

No good

We purchased these about two months ago and have had trouble since, it has turned green and we have had the water tested twice. Everything points to the tablets.

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 1

07/30/2017

Upset

Michigan

Best Product Ever

Been using the Extra Blue since getting my pool remodeled 2 yrs ago. Got lazy & bought Leslie product & totally clouded my gorgeous water…Clorox to the rescue! Thanx:)

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 5

07/24/2017

Cathe

Riverside, CA

Awesome

I just started using this product this year. I have never had a cleaner or clearer pool! Love these tablets!

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 5

07/11/2017

MrsRoh

Wisconsin

I would not use again

I changed to CLOROX Pool & Spa because it made the pool water sparkle blue- BUT no one could swim in it without having a horribly PAINFUL chlorine rash! I even cut amount in half of what directions called for.

Ease of Use: 1 Effectiveness: 1

06/28/2017

Grandmother

LA

Cheaper than Bioguard!

These seem to be the same thing as the Bioguard silk tabs I have purchased in the past except these are about half the cost!

Ease of Use: 4 Effectiveness: 4

06/16/2017

Teddy R

Maryland

Great tablet

I used the regular tablets before but was not as good as this one. These last longer and have every benefit to them with the 6 in 1. Great stuff!

Ease of Use: Effectiveness:

Fantastic product

Fantastic product. Xtra blue is my preferred choice.Water quality seems crisper and clearer vs. the basic chlorinating tablets.

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 5

Excellent!

Love these – they are a convenient, easy way to maintain stable levels

Ease of Use: Effectiveness:

easy to use

I have been using the 1 inch tablets and tried these, they are very easy to use had a few problems getting them open, but really like the easy usage. don't seem to use as much as the other tablets

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 5

Excellent product

Not only do tablets provide chlorine to our pool – it is packaged very conveniently. At first I was not too keen on individually packaged tablets – especially when using several at a time, but they are easy to open right at the equipment and forego the need for protective gloves.

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 5

Fantastic product

Works better than other tablets on the market, definitely will continue to purchase

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 5

Chlorinating Tablets

Does a outstanding job, works and does what it supposed to do

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 5

10/12/2016

HunterandCalliGrandpa

A+ pool cleaner

These chlorine tablets far exceeded expectations. They left the water feeling like I was in a newly filled pool. The water was extremely clean and algae free until the tablets ran out- which was in at least three weeks.

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 5

Chlorine Tablets From A Brand You Know & Trust

I've been using these tablets in my 32,500 gallon pool for several years. They're readily available in most shopping outlets including Costco and I find them to be priced very competitively against the many No-Name Brands of chlorine tablets that most pool supply stores sell. I have confidence in the Clorox brand and know that I can trust them to offer an effective product.

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 5

10/11/2016

AL from Pensacola

Great tablets

I bought cheaper tabs but these tabs lasted longer in pool and I used less often to keep chlorine levels. Never had any algae issues with these.

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 5

Good chlorine

Good product that delivers as advertised. When used as directed I have no issues with maintaining my chlorine level.

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 5

Best product!

This is one of the best chlorine pool products I have used. I have used all others that didn't work as well to fight off algae in the heat and humidity in Mississippi. With the other products I had to constantly use shock, algaecide, chlorine, and other chemicals. With this my pool has been crystal clear from the day I started using it. Kudos Clorox.

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 5

Great product!

When we use this product, we end up having to treat our pool less often than usual.

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 5

Terrific Product

I started using Clorox Products this year & the XtraBlue Chlorine Tabs helped me get consist results with all my chemicals while using less chemicals & saving money. We have a large pool & the past 3 years the water never seemed to get in balance & I was always spending hundreds of dollars at the pool store. With XtraBlue Chlorone Tabs I've been able to get & keep my chemicals balanced while saving money. Instead of a few hundred dollars a month I've only purchased a 40# bucket of XtraBlue Chlorine 3″ Tablets using 3 each week in my Chlorinator along with using XtraBlue Shock on a monthly basis. Great Products, Crystal Clear Clean Water week after week along with reasonable pricing Thanks Clorox!

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 5

Great product

Filled my chlorinator and monitored my water. Chlorine levels remained within range. No additional attention necessary. I like the fact that they are individually wrapped. Cuts back on the chlorine fumes when the container is opened

Ease of Use: 4 Effectiveness: 4

Only one I use

These tablets work great. They make my pool so sparkling clean at a very affordable price.

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 5

No more algae!

I've not had any problems with mustard algae since I started using these tablets! Definitely saves me time and money since my pool stays clean and I haven't had to use any algaeside!

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 5

Ease of use is outstanding!!!

Beyond satisfied with how easy these are to use. No mess is my favorite part about these

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 5

Great Product!

Easy way to chlorinate pool, available in bulk quantity

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 5

Keeps my pool clear

I trust the clorox brand and I am so happy that they are making pool products. We have a large in ground pool and I don't have any problems with the water quality of my pool using the Clorox chlorine tablets. I love that you can get them in a big resealable bucket that is easy to store, but more importantly I love that they keep my pool clean. I don't have any problems with cloudy water or algae growth. I highly recommend this product to anyone with a pool or spa.

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 5

Great product

Great product, I tell my friends about it all the time.

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 5

Hands down great product.

Does what it is suppose to do. It is easy to use no mess

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 5

Great for the pool!

I have tried many tablets all different brands and the best I have found are these. They are packaged well and I can tell a big difference in my pool water with this brand. I take my pool chemicals seriously because it's such a pain to fix if the water gets off balance, but I never have a problem when I use their products!

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 5

Best Ever

In 35 Years of pool ownership , best I've ever used.

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 5

Great Product!

What a great product! These individually wrapped 3" tablets can be used in your feeder, your skimmer, or your floater. They are protected against sunlight which makes them slow dissolving so they last longer to save me money. They do more than just chlorinate your pool. They kill bacteria; control algae; remove contaminates such as body oil, sweat, lotions, and urine; prevent corrosion and scale; and make the water feel silky and smooth. No harsh chemical feel at all. As you can probably tell, I really love this product and strongly recommend it.

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 5

Great product

Has keep the chlorine levels correct and the pool even when on vacation

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 5

Another solid product from Clorox!

What can I say? Just drop in a tab of Clorox 3″ tabs to your skimmer and you are set for fun and safety in your pool! You will shock less often, backwash fewer times, and have less eye and skin irritation when you use their liquid shock.

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 5

Great Product

Exceeded my expectations — dissolve rate is very good.

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 5

Excellent

Works wonderful controlling algae, I haven't had to use any algaeside in my pool since I started using the Extra Blue chlorine tablets.

Ease of Use: Effectiveness:

They do the job, but

The tablets need to be compacTed better. The tablets seem to dissolve quicker than others I have used in the past

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 4

Long Lasting Tablets

This product is easy to use and lasts a long time. Keeps the pool chlorinated and stabilized.

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 5

Great product!

Convenient, met expectations. Easy to use container.

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 5

Perfect!

These chlorine tables made my water sparkle like a diamond. They also don't dissolve as fast as my previous ones.

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 5

Excellent product

Excellent product, helps keep my pool clear. Tablets seem to last longer than others I used previously

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 5

Good Chlorine

I like this chlorine. It works well and does hold the algae at bay. I tend to have an algae problem at some point in time each year, and this chlorine helped to decrease the problem this year

Ease of Use: 5 Effectiveness: 4

Great product!

Love the sturdiness of the box! It's great. The chlorine tabs work great! Only star is missing because the tabs are individually wrapped. Good and bad thing I guess!

Ease of Use: 2 Effectiveness: 5

blue

This is the best pool product I have bought since it first came on the market. I have used all others, but with this one, I haven't had an algae problem in the heat here in FL. With the other products I had to constantly use shock, blue liquid, chlorine and other chemicals. With this one, It is all I need, and my pool has been crystal clear from day one.

Ease of Use: Effectiveness: